Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Project Runway Season 9 Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Finale Runway Show in NYC!


DEEEEEESIGNERS...

Prom Photo: Heidi Klum and Nick Verreos, Project Runway Season 9 Finale Runway Show, Mercedes-Benz NYC Fashion Week Lincoln Center

Last Friday, the day after I had to host a FUN Fashion's Night Out and Project Style Event in Charleston West Virginia, I flew to NYC--on a 6AM flight, arriving at 8:00AM--for a very important business meeting I had to attend in Manhattan at noon. Now, I cannot divulge the details of that "very important" meeting but let's just say that the meeting went well, thank you very much! In addition (by coincidence), I had been invited to attend the Project Runway Season 9 Finale Runway Show at Lincoln Center as part of the Mercedes-Benz NYC Spring 2012 Fashion Week. The show was at 9:30 AM that same morning. I am "Fashion Superman" so time to "Make It Work".

Le Judges: Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia, Michael Kors, and L'Wren Scott

Like I said, my plane arrived at 8:00AM, then I took a car to NYC where I hit upon trouble: As in TRAFFIC! Not just any traffic, but Manhattan Traffic. It took ALMOST TWO HOURS from the time I arrived in Manhattan to get to Lincoln Center to the Fashion Show! Crazy. Eventually, I got there at 9:45AM. The show had not started yet and so I took my seat--and padded down my I'm-not-going-to-make-it sweaty brow!

Prized Ticket: My Seat Assignment, Project Runway Season 9 Finale Runway Fashion Show Lincoln Center

I won't divulge any DIRT (you can go check the web-o-sphere for photos of the designer's final collections and/or wait until the Finale Episode airs) other than Heidi Klum looked AMAZING in a Michael Kors black sequined jumpsuit and that the Guest Judge was none other than L'Wren Scott--Mick Jagger's statuesque partner and Go-To Designer for Fabulously Tight red carpet cocktail dress and gowns. Nina Garcia looked FLAWLESS (also in Michael Kors), I may add. Besides saying a quick "Hello" to my favorite blond, Miss Heidi, I also ran into several past Project Runway Alumni, including:

Bag Ladies: Nick Verreos and Project Runway Season 8 Finalist Mondo Guerra--and their respective Man Bags, Mercedes-Benz NYC Fashion Week Lincoln Center

Nick Verreos and Project Runway Season 6 Finalist Althea Harper

The Designers Showing at NYC Fashion Week (Clockwise from top to bottom): Laura Kathleen, Bryce Black, Bert Keeder, Anthony Ryan Auld, Kimberly Goldson, Olivier Green, Anya Ayoung Chee, Joshua McKinley, Viktor Luna

The Project Runway Season 9 Finale Runway Show consisted of the NINE Designers still on the show--still on TV, that is, even though they have filmed the entire season up to the Top 3, I believe. In other words, if there are THREE Finalists (like usual), we had to see six "Decoy" runway shows. Hope that all makes sense, if not, sorry...you'll figure it out in due time. I have to say that my FAVORITES were (sit down!): Laura Kathleen (she didn't do "Kentucky Derby" Rich Women Doing Lunch!), Anya Ayoung Chee (Very "Korto-meets-Uli" Resortwear for Kim Kardashian!) and Anthony Ryan Auld (liked his deigns, not so sure of those wigs and that one hat!). I have no idea who the Top 3 are, but those are my "Nick Pick's".

Nightcap Reunion: Season 7 Designer Ben Chmura, Season 8 Designer Peach Carr, Nick Verreos, Barracuda NYC nightclub, Chelsea NYC

Later that night--after the show--and my business meetings, I had a delicious dinner with friends and then went to Barracuda NYC for a "nightcap" where (wouldn't you know it!), I ran into a couple Project Runway kids: Season 7 Designer Ben Chmura and Season 8 Designer Peach Carr. We had lots of fun DISHING on the morning's show and who were our faves. But soon, it was time to go: I had to leave to get a little bit of sleep before I caught my 7AM flight back to Los Angeles to host a Project Style event in Rancho Cucamonga in Southern California the following day. I heard there was a fun "Project Reunion HP Party" on Saturday night which I missed (because of the event I was hosting back in CA) and that all the designers in attendance received an HP Computer. Oh well...

PS: Hey HP: Uncle Nick LOVES HP!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...